Monday, October 11, 2010

A relaxing afternoon with BBQ Seitan Pizza

This post was suppose to be out last Tuesday when I made the dish. But Tuesday after I enjoyed my pizza obsession I knocked out for a few good hours and work through out the entire week. Oh well, better late than never.

I work two jobs. Usually spread out though the week. Its rare when I have an actual full day off to myself so I enjoy the days where I only work in the morning and I'm off for the rest of the day before 11 a.m. And the three things that cross my mind are....
--1.) Where's the bottle of wine?
--2.) Mmmmmmm.... sleep. zzzzZZZzzzzzz...
--3.) What's for Breakfast/lunch/and Dinner today?! :D

When I got off work my babe said he was in the mood for pizza and beer. I had left over Seitan Chick'n style "meat" and thought BBQ Seitan Pizza, wine, music, and the accompany of my babe, sounds like a date.

--NOTE: The process of figuring out measurements for each ingredient is to drink a few glasses of wine, write and edit as you cook :)



-- PREP: Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees, drink more wine and carefully chop and prep your toppings (making sure you don't cut your fingers off). Turn on some tunes and just go with it :)

--BBQ SEITAN PIZZA--


I personally like cheese-less pizza and a lot of toppings, on this pizza I had to put some cheeze so the toppings would stick. I used a little Follow Your Heart cheeze. Adjust toppings to your likings.


--INGREDIENTS--

- 1 pizza dough or pre made pizza crust
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 c. chopped onions
- 1/3 c. chopped cilantro
- 3/4 c. olives, sliced
- 1/2 c. cheeze, shredded
- 4 or 5 tbs. bbq sauce
- 3/4 c. "chick'n" style seitan, broken into chunks



--ASSEMBLE--

1.) If using a pizza dough, strech out dough to the thickness desired of your crust.

2.) Spread BBQ sauce evenly around the pizza crust.

3.) Sprinkle onions, tomatoes, cilantro, olives and seitan over BBQ crust. Then top it off with cheeze.

4.) Bake for 8-10 min, or how ever your pizza dough/crust suggests. Remove from oven then place pizza under broiler to melt cheeze if cheeze hasn't melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment